Friday, June 13, 2014

Laziness, Impatience and Hubris

"The three chief virtues of a programmer are: Laziness, Impatience and Hubris." - Larry Wall

Laziness: I'm too lazy to do the same task repeatedly so write scripts to do that task for me. This makes people think I am intelligent.

Impatience: I'm too impatient to wait for my code to run so rewrite the code to improve performance. This makes people think I am a good programmer.

Hubris: When someone asks if I can do something I just say Yes, then go find out how to do it (Google!). This makes people think I can do anything.

Ultimately, it means I can make a career out of being Lazy, Impatient, and Hubris tic(?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

.net core

 Sure, here are 50 .NET Core architect interview questions along with answers: 1. **What is .NET Core, and how does it differ from the tradi...